With over a decade of professional editing experience, I offer a number of services for writers, including developmental editing, copy editing, and manuscript consultations.
How many of the following resonate with you?
- You’ve got the courage to put your words down on paper, and you’ve been working hard on getting it just right.
- You’re ready to show off what you know and give your message the extra push it needs to stand out among the crowd.
- You want your reader to know that you’ve invested the time and effort into writing a professional book.
- You’d like someone to bounce ideas off of, a trusted friend who understands the publishing world.
- You don’t want anyone to tell you what to do, but you’d like someone who will give you useful suggestions and feedback.
- You want a partner in crime who engages with you during the writing process.
- You’re looking for someone who can point out your blind spots and compassionately engage your work with the curiosity it deserves.
If you answered YES to one or more of the above, you’re probably in need of a good editor!
If you’re in the market for an experienced editor who will be as invested in the quality of your work as you are, someone who will treat you as a fellow writer while also holding you to the highest standards, you’ve come to the right place.
As a kid, I spent hours reading; one of my goals as a teenager was to read every book in my small town library. This love of words led me to studying poetry as an undergraduate at The New School in New York City (alongside classic English Lit) and to complete an MFA in Fiction at the esteemed Pacific University.
I joined the book world as an assistant publicist in 2006, where I soon took on editorial work and discovered my passion. Since then, I have worked with authors across genres and skill-levels, from first-timers to seasoned vets. To me, editing is an art form: one must meet the author where they want their book to be and, from there, push it to its very best. I take into account many things as I edit—I consider the craft basics, such as how dialogue is formatted and grammar rules straight from the Chicago Manual of Style, but I also consider the author’s personal style and intention. I agree with Marshall McLuhan’s idea that the “medium is the message”; it is my firm belief that good books engender good thoughts—be they provocative, informative, entertaining, or all of the above, my goal as an editor is to help ensure your book is top tier.
Based in Holyoke, Massachusetts, I offer reasonable per-word rates for smaller projects (<50,000 words) and custom editing packages for larger projects (>50,000 words). I am a member of the Editorial Freelance Association and the Association of Writing Professionals, and as a published author, I’ve been edited myself many times. My aim is to provide clear, professional, accessible feedback on every manuscript or short piece I evaluate, always with the author’s goals firmly in mind.
Learn more about my philosophy and qualifications here. Have more questions? I’ve answered some basics here.
Wondering if working with me is the right next step?
Curious about what I can offer you?
Ready to take the plunge?
I would love to hear more about your manuscript! Send me an email for info and rates.
Want to test the waters? Request a $50 sample edit.