Let’s start at the beginning…
Once upon a time, I was a little girl who filled notebooks with stories about cats.
Fast forward to the present day…
Lo and behold, against all odds, I kept writing.
Luckily for my readers, my subject matter has expanded. Although you will often still find felines populating my creative works (which have been published worldwide). I write fiction and nonfiction to stay engaged in the beautiful cacophony of the world around me. Writing is how I place myself in the mystery of existence.
But wait a minute…
Writing isn’t all romance and wonder. Writing is hard work. Writing requires discipline, knowledge, dedication, stubbornness, introspection, solitude, and support.
Regardless of whether you love writing or hate it, you know the power of the written word. You wouldn’t have shown up at my little corner of the web if you didn’t. Whether you’re looking for someone to write your website copy, edit your novel, suss out your grand ideas, or hold your feet to the fire so you can finally get some words on the page, I can help.
Over the years, I’ve learned a thing or two…
- I studied poetry and literature at The New School in New York City.
- I spent six years in the Publicity and Editorial departments of a small trade book publisher.
- I earned an MFA in Fiction from Pacific University (consistently rated one of the top 5 low-residency MFA programs in the nation).
- I founded and launched a literary magazine, Cactus Heart, which ran for four years and published 16 e-Issues and 6 print issues.
- I write book reviews for Lambda Literary and have reviewed for a number of national magazines.
- I attend writing conferences, conduct author interviews, and am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) and the Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP).
- I’m a pro with the Chicago Manual of Style, the NYT Manual of Style, MLA formatting, Word Track Changes, Google Docs, WordPress, SEO.
I want to get familiar with your voice, as that’s what will carry your content. I ask a lot of questions. I’m interested in what you want to offer the world. For me, editing is a conversation. Throughout the editing process, we’ll have a lot of them. Together, we’ll make your content as impactful and elegant as possible.
Want to know more?
Get in touch to talk more about your writing and how I can help.
Curious about how I work?